10 Benefits of Sandalwood
The first time I ever used sandalwood, I was love-struck. The scent was heavenly.
I mixed it with my African black soap and I tell you guys, no regrets. My acne began to disappear and I was glowing.
It even prompted me to start my own skin care line because of its skin supporting and recuperating properties.
It is also important you know the products in the soap you are buying as it will help you make an informed decision.
If you don’t want artificial fragrance in your black soap then try sandalwood. And thank me later.
Before we delve into its benefits.
What is Sandalwood?
- Like they say it is a natural antiseptic and also preservative. The oil and paste of sandal wood are used for skin and beauty treatment, also used in beauty products like soaps , beauty creams , mouth fresheners, edibles, incense sticks, room fresheners, deodorants, perfumes etc.
- Sandalwood makes a popular choice for aromatherapy where aromatic oils are used to promote mental and physical health outcomes because of its scent.
- Sandalwood is also popular in india and called chandan. It has also been used in ayurvedic medicine as natural healer.
- Sandalwood comes from the wood and roots of Santalum album, or the East Indian sandalwood tree.
- This tree is one of the most valuable trees in the world. We are indeed blessed naturally.
- Sandal wood and its products are used across the globe.
- There some basic rules like getting good sleep, drinking plenty of water and also including healthy food in your diet , but it may not be enough so products like sandalwood come in handy.
Here are some sandalwood benefits for your skin and hair:
- Sandalwood helps to remove dark spots : You can mix a tablespoon with coconut oil and massage it on your face and leave it overnight. With regular usage the dark spot will disappear. There are other ways as well. You can mix it your black soap and use on skin.
- It can soothe skin inflammation: this helps any kind of burning sensation caused by sunburn or acne . Its essential oil can be used to treat insect bites or any other skin wounds.
- Sandalwood acts as an astringent: Sandalwood can bring about contractions of body tissues thereby tightening your pores. It further protects the skin from breakouts, abrasions, and allergies.
- Sandalwood is used as an antiseptic: It helps in preventing pimples, acne, and other problems. It also helps in removing acne and blackheads.
- It also helps to soften the skin.
- Sandalwood evens out skin discolorations and uneven tans.
- Moisturizes dry skin.
- Helps get blemish free skin.
- Sandalwood alleviates severe skin conditions.
- It stimulates hair growth.
- As with all essential oils, please do not apply sandalwood essential oil directly onto your skin. Mix it with a carrier oil or cold pressed extra virgin oil. You can blend it with a variety of oils, for aromatherapy uses, such as rose, lavender, bergamot, geranium, ylang-ylang, among others.
- Check out more DIY face mask.
- Thank you for reading.
- If you enjoyed our article,drop your comments below.
- Explore our beauty directory.
All images are gotten from google